Garang Kuol Socceroos, A-League news: Newcastle United reported offer to Mariners talent

Garang Kuol Socceroos, A-League news: Newcastle United reported offer to Mariners talent

  • Football
  • September 15, 2022
  • No Comment
  • 14
  • 4 minutes read

A storm has reportedly erupted surrounding the future of Aussie star Garang Kuol the same day he was selected to make his Socceroos debut.

Kuol was on Wednesday selected in Socceroos coach Graham Arnold’s squad for the final two friendlies against New Zealand before the team will next meet-up overseas ahead of the Qatar World Cup.

It was the perfect 18th birthday present for the Central Coast Mariners talent, who called his selection the “one of the sickest things ever”.

Watch the world’s best footballers every week with beIN SPORTS on Kayo. LIVE coverage from Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Carabao Cup, EFL & SPFL. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

His day appeared to get even better on Wednesday night when a report emerged that several European clubs are interested in signing him — and that Kuol has agreed in principle to a monster four-year deal with Premier League giant Newcastle United.

A report by beIN claims Kuol is ready to accept a deal worth $43,000 per week — amounting to $9 million over the course of the deal.

Kuol’s career is exploding right now despite having never started a senior professional game. He made his professional debut for the Mariners in December and has only featured as a substitute since then.

However, he was spectacular in the A-League All Stars exhibition against Spanish giant Barcelona in May where Barcelona boss Xavi said he had been impressed watching Kuol in action.

Following that performance, Kuol signed his first ever professional football contract — a two year deal with the Mariners. BeIn reports the offer from Newcastle would see the Mariners receive a “modest” transfer fee for letting Kuol go.

His contractual future, however, now appears to have been tossed into turmoil with suggestions a dispute behind the scenes could become a legal matter.

The Central Coast star’s brother Kuol Kuol has responded to the beIn report, writing on Twitter he is “highly disappointed” in the article.

The report claims high profile player agent Kwaku Mensah has been in contact with Kuol.

The 18-year-old already has a manager in John Grimaud.

Should the Newcastle deal go through, Kuol will reportedly remain with the Mariners until January before taking up his deal with Newcastle where he would be immediately loaned out to play for another European club.

Kuol is one of seven debutants selected in the Socceroos squad announced on Wednesday morning.

Cameron Devlin, Jason Cummings, Ryan Strain, Harrison Delbridge, Tyrese Francois and Keanu Baccus have also been selected to make a potential Socceroos debut.

The series against New Zealand begins at Suncorp Stadium on September 22. The Return leg is at Eden Park on September 25.

“This camp is the last opportunity we will have to work with the squad ahead of November’s FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 tournament, and all players are competing for a spot in the final squad which will be announced in early November,” Arnold said.

“With two games in four days, this camp provides us with a unique opportunity to bring in some new players who can push for selection ahead of the FIFA World Cup.”

“I’m excited to see a number of young Australian’s gaining great experience across Europe and throughout Asia, and it is important we bring them into the national team environment to build on our depth and assess their capabilities at this level,” continued Graham Arnold.

“We have been closely monitoring our players since qualifying for the FIFA World Cup and are regularly speaking with them about this opportunity.

“I can’t wait to get back into camp to work with our experienced group of players and the next generation of emerging stars.”

Related post

Eliud Kipchoge breaks marathon record in Berlin, world reacts to ‘astonishing’ freak

Eliud Kipchoge breaks marathon record in Berlin, world reacts…

Kenyan great Eliud Kipchoge smashed his own marathon world record in Berlin on Sunday and already the world is turning its…
Laver Cup: Protester sets himself on fire at tennis tournament farewelling Roger Federer

Laver Cup: Protester sets himself on fire at tennis…

An apparent protester at the Laver Cup, a tennis tournament being held in London, shocked onlookers by rushing onto the court…
Tennis news 2022: Rafael Nadal withdraws from Laver Cup, Roger Federer farewell, results, Cameron Norrie replacement

Tennis news 2022: Rafael Nadal withdraws from Laver Cup,…

Tennis legend Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the Laver Cup after playing alongside Roger Federer in his farewell game on Saturday.…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.